Break-ups are never easy. We teens go through this everyday or maybe just once in a while. When break-ups happen to girls we tend to cry, get mad, feel really hurt, or maybe even spread mean things about the “EX”. On the other hand guys try to act cool like nothing even happen that night over the phone.
- Being broken up with does not mean that there is something wrong with you; it just means that there is something that’s not working in the relationship.
- It’s alright to cry, get mad and feel hurt when you are dumped. The sooner you let go of the other person, the sooner the healing can begin.
- Breaking up is never easy. You will have good days and you will have bad days. Take it one day at a time and don’t beat yourself up if you have an overly emotional day – you’re only human after all.
- Acting out in anger is never good for anybody. After being broken up with don’t spread mean or spiteful rumors. Don’t betray former confidences by telling old secrets to others.
- A big part of the pain of breaking up comes from a feeling of embarrassment. We often fear how the situation will look to outsiders.
- If you heard that your ex has moved on, let that be – don’t be the ex that she/he can’t trust anymore. Maybe after all you guys can be best friends instead of being lovers.
- Be positive and encouraging. This will make the transition easy for both you and your partner. Learn to forgive and ask for forgiveness. Life is too short to hold grudges.
- Now that you have gone through that whole break-up process, try to reconnect with your friends. You don’t have to sit in the house mad at the world – find something to do, get off the cough!!