Trust me, it may sound boring but these few facts about Washington D.C. are pretty interesting. Check them out!
Did you know:
- That the Lincoln Memorial was 19 feet tall?
- That the word ‘future’ was misprinted as ‘uture’ on one of the walls of the memorial?
- That there are no skyscrapers in D.C. because no building can surpass the height of the Washington Monument?
- That Jefferson’s memorial has been referred to as the “Muffin Memorial” because of the way that the dome is shaped?
- That on Lincoln’s memorial, his hands spell his initials in sign language?
- That nothing can be built that blocks the open path between the Lincoln Memorial and Capitol Building?